There are over 53 states in the US and in each state, you will find that there are lots of passport centers, post offices, county clerk offices, court buildings, and even designated government buildings throughout the country.
In the 53 states in the United States of America, there are over 9,000 passport acceptance agencies and just 26 regional passport offices throughout the country. In this article, we will list out the different regional passport agencies in the United States of America, how you can locate them, and the phone numbers to reach each office.
The Importance of US passport has grown rapidly over the years. it is one of the ways to confirm who a US citizen is, which means to be eligible to apply for a US passport you must first obtain citizenship either by birth or otherwise.
If you need to locate a passport office near you, or you need to enquire about the addresses and location of passport service centers and offices in the US. Below are a list of different states in the US and their respective passport office addresses by Regions in the United States.
Before we jump right into that let’s take a look at some of the requirements to obtain a passport in the US.
Requirements to Apply for a US passport
- If you want to apply for a US passport, then you must be a US citizen. There are no short-cuts to this, you are either a citizen by birth, or by certification. You can find out more about becoming a US citizen here.
- You will require a colored passport photo.
- Pay the associated passport service charge or fees, which is estimated to be about $60 to $100.
- Have documents of international travel in the last week or less.
- Make an appointment with a US passport office near you.
- Passport Offices in Each State in the US
- You will need a thoroughly filled passport application form.
- A child under 16 must have their parents or guardian present to apply.