Are you a prospective international student planning to study in Europe at a bachelor’s, master’s, or doctoral level? You might be eligible for a scholarship. Europe is amongst the oldest continents, each country is quite unique, steeped in history, and there is always something new and interesting to discover, regardless of the study destination you will choose.
Also, if you study for a Master’s degree in Europe, you will definitely learn a new language, uncover the secrets of a new and different culture and what’s probably most exciting than anything, visit some of the world’s most appealing and iconic attractions.
In the aspect of educational benefits, a lot of countries from Europe are among the top destination for international students and are home to most of the high-ranked universities in the world. Students benefit highly from a supportive and multicultural academic environment and you can find an abundance of English-taught programs.
Lists of Scholarship to Study in Europe
Below are lists of scholarships to study in Europe. You can study in any country of your choice in Europe.
The Erasmus Mundus scholarship is an initiative led by the European Commission to provide funding for students all over the world to study in Europe at selected institutions.
A cash price is attached to this scholarship. A $2,000 prize is available to a student currently enrolled in the UK or any European Union (EU) country as a high school, undergraduate or graduate student. You will need to submit an essay to apply and the scholarship is open to all nationalities.
Scholarship to Study in Austria
- Austrian Government Scholarships – Monthly scholarships of €1,050 available for up to four months for international students of all study levels.
- Grants.at – A searchable database of scholarships to study abroad in Austria.
- (IDM) Danubius Young Scientist Award in Austria – The Institute for the Danube Region and Central Europe (IDM) is offering a €1,200 (US$1,350) scholarship to exceptional young scientists (one from each country in the Danube region).
- OFID funding for International Students in Austria 2020/21 – Students from developing countries are provided with the opportunity to apply for the OFID Scholarship 2020/21, which is funded by OPEC Fund for International Development.
- Die Presse funding for MSc Environmental Technology & International Affairs – Two half-scholarships (worth € 13,300 each) scholarship for international students to study MSc Environment Technology & International Affairs at the Vienna University of Technology, funded by Die Presse.
- Künstlerhaus Büchsenhausen Five-Month Fellowship for International Students in Austria, 2020/21 – Five-month fellowships for visual and media artists, art critics, theorists, and curators from around the world, offered by the Künstlerhaus Büchsenhausen.
Scholarship to Study in Belgium
- CIUF-CUD Scholarships in Belgium for Developing Countries – Opportunities to gain funding to study in Belgium for training or research at master’s level. Open to students internationally.
- VLIR-UOS Scholarships for Developing Countries – Annually offering scholarships for students from developing countries in parts of Africa, Asia, and Latin America to undertake training, research, or study in Belgium at selected institutions.
- Ghent University Top-up Grants – Scholarships for students from developing countries who are new students of English-taught master’s degrees at the Ghent University in Belgium.
- KU Leuven Science Scholarships for International Students – The Science@Leuvenscholarship is aimed at international students interested in undertaking study in Belgium at master’s level within the faculty of science at KU Leuven.
- KU Leuven IRO PhD Scholarships for Developing Countries – Open to prospective PhD students from developing countries to study in Belgium within the Interfaculty Council for Development Cooperation at KU Leuven.
Scholarship to Study in Czech Republic
- Czech Government Scholarships for Developing Countries – Government scholarships enabling international students to undertake study (at bachelor’s, master’s, or doctoral level) at institutions across the Czech Republic. Czech is the language of instruction for most programs offered.
- Masaryk University Faculty of Arts – The Department of Czech for Foreigners at Masaryk University awards four three-month scholarships worth 8,000 CZK per month for international students to study Czech language, literature and culture.
Scholarship to Study in France
- Eiffel Scholarships in France for International Students
- Emile Boutmy Scholarships in France for International Students
- Fondation Rainbow Bridge MBA Scholarships for African and Asian Women
- École Normale Supérieure de Lyon
Scholarship to Study in Italy
- Bocconi Scholarships in Italy for International Students
- Italian Government Scholarships for Foreign Students
- CICOPS Scholarships for Developing Countries
- University of Bologna Study Grants for International Students