Gerdau is the leading company in the production of long steel in the Americas and one of the major suppliers of speciality long steel in the world. With more than 45,000 employees, Gerdau has an installed capacity of more than 25 million metric tons of steel and it is the largest recycler in Latin America, and around the world, it transforms millions of metric tons of scrap into steel every year.
Gerdau Long Steel North America is a leader in mini-mill steel production and steel recycling in North America, with an annual manufacturing capacity of approximately 10 million metric tons of mill finished steel products. Through a vertically integrated network of mini-mills, scrap recycling facilities and downstream operations, the company serve customers throughout the U.S. and Canada, offering a diverse and balanced product mix of merchant steel, rebar, structural shapes, fabricated steel, flat rolled steel and wire rod.
We are seeking a production helper to work in an entry-level position and advance to more responsible positions.
The ideal candidate will:
– Be able to work 12-hour shifts rotating days/nights (continental style schedule)
– Work 40 – 42 hours per week with a pay rate of $30.68/hour
– Learn more senior positions within the department and provide relief for absences
– Advance to more responsible positions based on seniority
– These positions require physical labour, standing all day and be exposed to outside temperatures
– Experience working in a manufacturing setting
– Experience working with mobile equipment
– Ability to operate an overhead crane would be considered an asset
– Ability to work in a team environment
– Possesses excellent communication skills, high attention to detail, strong math skills and a good work ethic
Gerdau offers excellent benefits including:
– Health, dental, vision, short & long term disability, and life/accidental life insurance
– RRSP with company matching
– Employee Assistance Program
Gerdau is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status. All applicants must be legally eligible to work in the country of hire without current or future sponsorship.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.gerdau.com.