A list of livable cities in the world was released by an Economist Intelligence unit. The list was compiled on the basis of; security, education, weather, employment, Health Care, Culture and Environment, Education, Infrastructure, Stability, and other things that contribute to low and quality living cost.
Three Canadian cities made it to the top 10 list of livable cities in the world namely Calgary, Vancouver, Toronto. The city of Calgary came first among the three and fifth on the list followed by Vancouver on sixth and Toronto seventh.
The city of Calgary made the list scoring high in low crime rate, infrastructure Health care, and others. But scored very low in Culture and Environment, this category will hopefully be developed in the coming years.
Calgary is a city in Alberta, and the biggest in the province so far. it is the fourth-largest city in Canada and has a population of over 1.2 million people. More than 46% of immigrants moved to the province between 2011 to 2016 and contributed to the massive population.
Although compared to the other two, the province has the least population. Vancouver has a population of 2.3 million people and Toronto houses over 6.4 million people coming top in terms of population.
According to the Economist Intelligence Unit, the report will help challenge cities who are not on the list to develop. There is a need for cities around the world to develop and improve the standard of living in their countries.
Immigrants, job seekers, employers, and employees can also use this medium to calculate livability in some Cities before the decision to relocate.
Below are how most livable cities were ranked.
- Vienna, Austria is number one
- Melbourne, Australia is number two
- Sydney, Australia is number three
- Osaka, Japan is number four
- Calgary, Canada is ranked as number five
- Vancouver, Canada is number six
- Toronto, Canada is number seven together with Tokyo, Japan
- Copenhagen, Denmark is number nine
- Adelaide, Australia comes in at number ten on the list
The Least Ranked Cities In The World on the List are:
- Caracas, Venezuela is hundred and thirty-one
- Algiers, Algeria is hundred and thirty-two
- Douala, Cameroon is hundred and thirty-three
- Harare, Zimbabwe is hundred and thirty-four
- Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea is hundred and thirty-five
- Karachi, Pakistan is hundred and thirty-six
- Tripoli, Libya is hundred and thirty-seven
- Dhaka, Bangladesh is hundred and thirty-eight
- Lagos, Nigeria is hundred and thirty-nine
- Damascus, Syria is number hundred and forty
No changes occurred in the list as all the cities listed were also the top 10 from last year. But then, some of the cities have made significant improvement and their average score has steadily increased so far.